CSAS Grad Assistant Chronicles: 2

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend and were able to get some work done too! If you haven’t already, now is the time to think about some ways you can get involved on campus. Here at Roger it’s not just about the classes you take, but it also includes a rich community of learners and educators that are frequently involved in campus activities. Studies have shown that college student involvement is positively related to academic performance, cognitive development, well-being, leadership and multicultural awareness (https://cssl.osu.edu/research-projects/involvement-study, 2021).

College isn’t just about the schoolwork and getting that degree you will work so hard for. College is also about making friends and getting involved in the on-campus clubs and organizations! These types of activities help give breaks to the day-to-day school work and help us connect with those around us. This could be through a club trip, fundraiser, or even a self-care activity right here on campus! Roger Williams has so much to offer and all you need to do is find what fits for you.

There a couple of ways RWU has made these easier to find:

• Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 8th Involvement Fair, Quad 11-2PM,
  • Thursday, September 9th Career Center Open House 11-2PM, GHH Hall Lobby
  • Thursday, September 9th Ice Cream Social 2-4 pm, D’Angelo Commons or M&S Lobby (weather permitting)
  • Join the Peer Mentorship program and start to engage with what Roger Williams University has to offer. Good luck everyone and be sure to check these events out so that you can find your fit on campus!

Meet the Author: Hannah Baldwin (she, her, hers), M.A. Forensic & Legal Psychology

Hey class of 2025! It’s nice to meet you, well virtually anyway. My name is Hannah and I am one of the authors of the CSAS Grad Assistant Chronicles. We as grad students hope to impart some advice, knowledge, and humor onto you through your first year. I am a graduate student working on a Masters in Forensic & Legal Psychology here at RWU. Originally, I am from Pennsylvania and attended school at Lock Haven University. There I received my degrees in Psychology and Criminal Justice and was very active on campus. I have experience as a student tutor, peer mentor, club leader (in all positions!), admissions ambassador, as well as research. I held three on campus jobs and was a leader for four clubs on campus including the President of Psychology Club. So, I know what it’s like to walk in your shoes and I hope to be able to relay some things I have learned through my undergraduate experience to help you with yours!

By Mary Santoro
Mary Santoro Career Advisor