Internship Spotlight: Merchant’s Fleet

Senior, Sabrynna Pearson completed an internship with Merchant’s Fleet based out of Hookset, New Hampshire. Read on to learn about her experience!

If you’re interested in doing your own internship but don’t know where to start, make an appointment with your Career Advisor by going to Handshake.

What was your internship?  I am a Marketing Intern at Merchants Fleet in Hooksett, New Hampshire!

Why were you initially interested in this internship? Because of how it was full-time fully in person and I got to touch on all parts of marketing!

How did you find your internship? I found my Internship using LinkedIn

What did you do as part of your internship? I gained a well rounded experience during my internship. I designed and created themed images that were displayed on TV monitors throughout the office. I created an all-encompassing brand guide to provide to Merchants PR Agency, Havas Formula, that properly represented Merchants Fleet’s brand. I also created a vendor database with 100 + vendors for internal and external use, database supported our ESG initiatives with local, women-led, and diverse companies. Next, I updated Word Document that gave directions to employees on updating email signatures with the newly trademarked logo, I also served as a production assistant for the companies Diversity Equity and Inclusion Video Shoot, worked as an event planner for Merchants 60th-anniversary celebration and updated CEO’s personal brand slides to properly reflect his own brand standards as well as sourced articles for him to use on his social media. Lastly, I researched and organized group dinners for employees and clients attending FedEx St. Jude Golf Championship in Memphis, Tennessee

Has this internship helped you work towards your future career goals? If so, how? Yes, this internship helped me realize what part of marketing I am really interested in. It also made me realize that I would love to continue working for Merchants because of how much I learned working there. This also opened my eyes by showing me how much I am able to accomplish. I also realized that ideally, I would want to work fully in person or hybrid because the culture of a workplace is unmatched. 

What was your biggest lesson/takeaway from the internship? To never doubt my abilities because I can do anything that I put my mind to. Also that I want to work fully in person or hybrid. 

What advice would you give to someone interested in a similar internship opportunity? To go into your internship with an open mind. Always be willing to learn new things no matter if you are confident in your abilities or not because every project you work on is a learning opportunity. The company hired you for a reason so have confidence!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor