Hawks Hired! Charlotte Russell ’23

Hawks Hired highlights the accomplishments of soon to be RWU graduates as they finalize the next steps on their career journeys. Charlotte will soon begin graduate work at SUNY Binghamton in their Masters of Social Work program. Read on to learn more about her next chapter following graduation.

What is your major/was your major at RWU? I double majored in Psychology and Public Health

Graduation year? May 2023

Where is your next adventure? I am going to attend SUNY Binghamton’s Master’s in Social Work program in the fall!

What was the process like of landing this job/next opportunity? This process takes some serious dedication and perseverance. At times applying to grad school felt like a full time job. However, utilizing your resources and starting the application process early helps to make it more manageable.

Who helped you during your job search/graduate school process? I would not have been able to manage the many demands required of me without the help of Kevin Deeb from the CCPD! I have only the utmost gratitude and appreciation for the constant support and guidance he provided me throughout this entire process.

What advice do you have to students who are in the process of finding a job/going to graduate school? I would say to remember to practice self-compassion. Be kind to yourself and remember everyone’s paths are different so do your best not to compare your own to others. Everything happens for a reason so try to enjoy the process.

Want to share your next steps with the CCPD? Email Kevin (kdeeb@rwu.edu) in the CCPD to learn more about sharing with us!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor