Build your Career at Airgas, an Air Liquide company!
Career Growth Potential – Benefits – Strong Leadership & Safety Culture
The Business Development Sales Trainee will be in a working development program that will give the associate a working knowledge of our industry, our customers and our organization. Learning to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for sales growth through business development and maintaining accounts, profitability growth, and territory management.
Number of openings: 11
Placement into a local Sales role upon Trainee Program completion.
Northeast Region – Boston/Providence
Great Lakes Region – Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Akron, Toledo, Lansing
Midwest Region – Rockford IL
North Central Region – Minneapolis, Green Bay, Omaha, Davenport IA
As a qualification for this position, the Sales Trainee will be placed in and must successfully complete a comprehensive training program that will give them a working knowledge of our industry, our customers and our organization. In addition, this program is designed around sales-oriented and professional development training to ensure that, once completed, the Trainee will be able to meet the demanding challenges of this position. Upon completion, the Trainee will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for sales growth, profitability growth, and A/R management within the assigned territory. The Trainee will need to have the ability to sell all Airgas products to his/her customer base.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
- Develop and execute plans to maintain and grow the existing customer base
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
- Develop and execute plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
- Qualify and pursue sales leads from other parts of the Airgas organization
- Keep local, regional and national Airgas management informed of territory performance, personal performance and market trends through:
- Development and submission of an annual sales plan for the assigned territory
- Regular and on time submission of required sales and activity reports, including itineraries, call reports, “Hot” prospect lists, account wins and losses and other information as required
- Maintains a leadership role in the organization through open and honest communication with all Airgas associates
- Maintains focus on safety in the workplace by complying with company safety procedures and practices
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to Business or Sales
- Ability to effectively network and negotiate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational, time and territory management skills; goal oriented, self-motivated, and strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead and function within team environments
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Visit us at Airgas.com/careers to learn more about our company!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability