We anticipate teaching positions to be available for the 2022/2023 school year within grades K-12.
We are primarily looking for candidates who have a passion for teaching students and share in our mission and vision. At Atlantis, we are committed to putting the needs of our students first and they are the center of all of our decision making.
Our goal is to not only support the academic needs of our students but also support the social and emotional needs of our students. Our behavior management policies reflect our commitment to providing a positive learning environment and supporting students in any way they need to be successful.
Atlantis Charter School is committed to recruiting, employing, training, promoting and compensating a diverse team. We will honor and celebrate your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The qualities we look for in a successful candidate include:
- Ability to work as a positive member of a team and successfully contribute to the team dynamic
- Contribute suggestions and ideas that will help our students and organization succeed
- Able to build rapport with students and establish appropriate boundaries that support growth and development
- Ability to be flexible and adapt as needed to support our students
- Willingness to get involved with students outside of the classroom in other activities, such as clubs, sports, tutoring, volunteering to support events, etc.
- Provides an inclusive environment that respects and celebrates cultural differences
- Experience creating instructional materials and hands on learning activities preferred.
- Has an understanding of the various challenges students in an urban setting face and is able to adapt teaching style and approach as needed
- Knowledge of charter schools and an understanding of how charter schools of what makes charter schools different
- Bachelor’s Degree in the area of certification preferred.
- Knowledge of PBIS and experience implementing in the classroom preferred.
- Valid Teaching License recognized by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education or evidence of eligibility to obtain such licensure within one year of employment.
- Experience using technology in the classroom preferred.
- At least one year of teaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to relate well to others.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISION: Oversees work of paraprofessionals in the classroom. As directed by the Principal, may contribute to paraprofessional annual evaluation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- STANDARDS BASED CLASSROOM:
- Adherence to MA Curriculum Frameworks and ACS Curriculum
- Efficient Organization and Execution of Lesson Plans
- Effective Management of the Classroom Environment
- Promotion of Student Learning and Achievement
- Demonstration of Effective Teaching Strategy
- Appropriate Use of Technology in the Classroom
- Promotion of Equity and Fairness
- Measurement of Student Achievement
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with all members of school community to carry out responsibilities;
- Interacts professionally with a diverse range of constituents;
- Maintains an attendance record that meets or exceeds an acceptable standard as defined by ACS policy.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for assigned tasks, projects, and duties while maintaining a professional manner.
- Makes efficient use of time by organizing and prioritizing work efficiently.
- Presents a professional appearance by adhering to ACS dress code.
- Is actively engaged in job/career growth by attending inservice programs, professional development, educational courses and seminars.
- Actively listens and responds in a respectful non-confrontational manner to the opinions of others.
- Fosters positive attitude in the workplace.
- Maintains and respects strict confidentiality of any sensitive information related to Atlantis Charter School, its faculty, staff and students.
- Responds to concerns and requests of direct reports in a timely, respectful and courteous manner.