BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
As an Associate in the BDO Advisory practice, you will utilize your education and skills as you serve the Firm’s dynamic client base. The Insurance Risk & Recovery Associate supports clients in building and maintaining highly effective crisis management, business continuity and insurance programs through administering trainings, end-user support, data collection workshops and one-on-one interviews. This role provides the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business by working on various stages of engagements, including areas of risk analysis, crisis management, business continuity, operations, crisis communications and other matters as necessary.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Risk Management or Accounting, required
– Professional client service experience, preferred
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, required
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Positive attitude and willingness to learn
– Strong interest in insurance management, risk management, corporate crisis management, crisis communications and/or business continuity
– Exhibits proficiency in consulting methodology, materials, tools and continuity software
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong analytical and basic research skills related to the retrieval and organization of high volumes of information
– Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines
– Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
– Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
– Identifies and assists in practice business development efforts, including client pursuits and proposals
– Supports a collaborative and team-oriented environment while pushing themselves, their peers, and their teams for strong results and quality work
– Effectively handles firm and practice administrative matters, including engagement staffing, client billing, monitoring project economics and adherence to Firm quality standards and protocols.
Houston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, DC