BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Risk Advisory Services Associate is responsible for partnering with more experienced Risk Advisory Services professionals to provide risk consulting and issues resolution to clients in the areas of SOX, business process improvement, information technology, audit and fraud investigations. In this role, the Risk Advisory Services Associate will participate in various stages of an internal audit or consulting engagement and provide assistance with planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition.
– Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or other relevant field required
– MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
– Experience within a public accounting firm or Fortunate 1000 company performing internal audit, consulting or risk services preferred
– CPA preferred
– Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically business / report writing
– Strong analytical and basic research skills
– Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
– Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
– Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
– Ability to travel 20% of the time
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Washington D.C – Potomac, Greater Washington D.C. – McLean, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington, DC