Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at a well-respected, growing firm? Take the next step in your career at BETA. We are currently looking for a Staff Engineer to be part of our water/wastewater group in Lincoln, RI. In this role, you will work alongside industry-leading engineers, planners, and landscape architects on high-profile projects.
As a staff engineer you will play a key role in supporting our projects and our senior level engineers. This means working on a variety of water/wastewater projects, applying your academic training to solve real world issues. We expect you to be enthusiastic, driven to learn, highly organized, detail-oriented, and ready to advance your career.
· To learn and grow your engineering knowledge and experience
· Perform engineering design tasks, field investigations, construction monitoring, report writing and prepare conceptual and final contract plans and documents on a variety of projects
· Be part of our overall design team working collaboratively with other engineers, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and asset management specialists
Skills and Abilities Required:
· A strong desire to learn
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· AutoCAD / GIS experience
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
· 0 to 5 years of engineering related experience (Water/Wastewater)
· Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination preferred
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.