Blount’s Internship Program aims to grow students from our community in a way that is mutually beneficial by providing experiential learning opportunities and connecting concepts learned in the classroom to real-world applications in order to contribute to the professional readiness of tomorrow’s workforce. Interns can expect timely feedback, accessible supervisors, bi-weekly meetings with the internship program lead, assistance with career readiness, and networking opportunities.
Summary: Exciting opportunity to learn directly from the executive team while providing support with executing projects. This position works within a cross-functional, collaborative environment supporting many different departments at Blount Fine Foods. Involving event management, project planning and execution of day to day administrative tasks. This position requires a high energy, positive, can do attitude with exceptional organizational and communication skills. To succeed in this internship, students must be able to be detailed oriented, have the ability to quickly adapt and take initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with daily briefings and calendar management, arranging meetings, visitor hospitality and follow-up correspondence.
- Assist with executive communications
- Assist managing travel arrangements and process expense reports.
- Prepares and edits correspondences, communications, presentations, and other documents as needed.
- Assists with planning and execution of events, meetings, and experiences.
- Research options for venues, vendors, and price/contract options.
- Collaborates and supports different departments to gather insights and drive progress on projects.
- Manage assigned projects which could include archiving, organizing, data entry, social media or online registrations.
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements – Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge with Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Quick to pick up new programs and technical skills
- Familiar with meeting audio visual equipment, Lights, Technical Equipment
- Excellent knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting communication via phone, e-mail, and in person with employees and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Ability to work and problem solve.
- Maintain a positive attitude to continued learning and support of the overall business.
Education and/or Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Science in Business or any related major.