With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
Charah is currently seeking talented individuals for our Internship/Co-Op Program in Construction Project Management. Here at Charah, you will play a key role in tackling the same project management responsibilities as our full-time team members. You will be able to work hands-on and learn from our experts, their day to day activities that cannot be learned in the classroom. Our experienced team will allow you to utilize your skills and theories you have learned through coursework and apply those solutions on the job. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from real life experiences, develop communication and leadership skills, work with cutting edge technology, understand the market and clients in the industry as well as have a better understanding of the roles responsibilities to prepare for a successful career.
We are currently accepting Intern and Co-Op applications for Spring and Summer 2021 semesters.
Summer Internship: Summer internship provides a real-world experience and can help students gain additional knowledge in a career that they may be interested in pursuing. This internship is scheduled from May to August. This is an internship that is typically offered to a student entering their sophomore or junior year of college.
Co-Op: Co-op position is open for students pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and looking to pursue a career in Project Management. Student can work a co-op internship throughout spring, summer or fall semesters.
Our internships are full-time but temporary positions through spring, summer and fall months. Part-time opportunities and cooperatives may also be available depending on current project needs.
Intern will work closely with project management and will assist with planning, developing, and managing construction projects from Pre-Construction through Project Close-out.
- Study proposals, plans, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements; assembling & arranging numerical and descriptive information
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data & trends to generate conceptual, schematic and hard dollar estimates
- Work with project managmenet and site operations on construction projects from the Pre-Construction Phase to the Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase
- Work with state engineers, utility environmental team, independent engineering firms, etc.
- Follow and enforce all applicable safety precautions and programs, and shall thoroughly read, understand, and follow Charah Standard Operating Procedures for construction management
- Assist with engineering drawings and layouts
- Collaborate with project management and site leadership as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management
• A valid driver’s license required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must be enrolled in a Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related program at an accredited university
• OSHA 30 preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
• Position requires honesty, dependability, and ability to be relied upon, responsible, and fulfill obligations
Must be available to travel to job sites as needed
Work Environment & Conditions:
• Ability to use electronic equipment such as computer, cell phone and handheld radio for communication with supervisors and co-workers
• This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Be subject to loud noises
• Be subject to atmospheric conditions – one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
• This position requires working in the internal and external environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
• Ability to effectively communicate