NEW BEDFORD, MA – Child & Family Services is hiring full-time OR part-time Behavioral Counselors for our CBAT (Community Based Acute Treatment) Program at our North Street location. CBAT is a short-term (7-11 days) residential treatment model for children ages 4-18 in need of acute crisis stabilization. This is a 24 hour program which is composed of a mix between 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, including weekends and holidays. There is a $1 differential for 3rd shift.
Shifts Needed: 1st & 2nd weekdays/weekends/holidays
JOB CODE: CBATBC1
- One year direct human service experience which can include part-time, volunteer or internship experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelor’s; Associate’s degree preferred – H.S. Diploma required
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs.
- Facilitate informal client counseling, recreational, and life skill discussions groups
- Follow Behavior Management program: assess situation, implement counseling, crisis intervention, and program point and level system
- Utilize physical intervention within the agency guidelines when necessary and only as a last resort
- Display an understanding for sensitivity for a culturally diverse population.
- Works effectively and professionally with clients and collateral’s, such as family members, state agency personnel, other agencies and professionals.
- Serves as a positive role model
- Develops and maintains supportive relationships emphasizing client accountability and attainment of client goals
- Assists clients in performing daily life skills activities
- Conducts admissions and intake process during evening, weekend, holiday times, or as needed
- Must attend all mandatory monthly staff meetings and training’s
- Facilitate therapeutic groups for scheduled groups as needed
- Full time staff are expected to complete a minimum of 24 training hours per year, and part time staff are expected to attend a minimum of 12 training hours per year
- Heal and strengthen the lives of children and families
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/HealthPlans – 75% employer paid for full-time employees
- Dental – MetLife
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- Generous sick time and personal time
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- 24 hour travel assistance, mileage reimbursement, discounted Healthtrax gym membership, BJs membership discounts and employee appreciation events!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.