- Manage a high-volume caseload;
- Communicate by telephone with VA, clients, clients’ families, medical providers, etc. according to the following protocol:
- Develop and apply knowledge of VA appellate system to client interactions;
- Navigate client cases and files to answer all status inquiries;
- Create positive interactions with clients to maintain client satisfaction.
- Forward appropriate inquiries to the corresponding VA Accredited Representative, Team Lead, and Claims Advocate;
- Draft basic correspondence to clients and the VA;
- Update case management system with all correspondence, completed work, contact information, and other information needed for record-keeping purposes;
- Complete forms and releases with clients to obtain medical records, Social Security records, service records, and other necessary records and information;
- Ensure that all documents listed in VA decisions are present in client files;
- Ensure VA is working on clients’ pending claims and appeals;
- Complete applications for claims and appeals;
- Attend weekly or as-needed training sessions;
- Attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings.
- High School degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
- Customer service and/or office experience preferred but not required
- Fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat;
- Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet work space is required. When CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch period.
- Starting annual salary is $42,500.00
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
CHISHOLM CHISHOLM & KILPATRICK LTD
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is a Providence, Rhode Island based law firm with a national practice and reputation, known for its ability to handle complex cases involving veterans benefits, personal injury, wrongful death lawsuits, disability insurance for both long-term disability and short-term disability, private disability insurance, ERISA claims, life insurance litigation, long term care insurance claims and litigation, commercial and contract disputes and other areas of civil law. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
Senior, Masters, Alumni
All Marine Biology, Sociology, Business Administration & Management, Public Health, Digital Communication, Museum Studies, Urban Planning, Law, Cultural & Ethnic Studies, Family & Consumer Science, Psychology, Data Science, Finance & Financial Management, Creative Writing, Cyber Security, Biochemistry, Visual & Performing Arts, Linguistics, Chemistry, Photography, Pharmacy, Architecture, Public Relations, Emergency Management/Homeland Security, Forensics, Art History, Criminal Justice/Criminology, Public Policy, Computer Science, Economics, Computer Systems Networking & Telecommunications, Accounting, Environmental Management & Sciences, Mathematics, Classical Studies, Radio, Television, Media, Journalism, History, Social Work/Human Services, Marketing, Communication & Media Studies, Philosophy/Ethics, Music & Music Education, Political Science & Government, Graphic Design, Human & Child Development, International Studies/Comparative Politics, City, Urban, Regional Planning, Counseling, Individual Studies, Anthropology, English, International Business, Foreign Languages & Literature, General Studies, Cognition & Neuroscience/Biopsychology, Health/Hospital Administration, Information Systems Management, Botany/Plant Biology, Undeclared, Construction Management, Biology, Public Administration, and Drama & Theatre Arts majors
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required