The Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium seeks individuals who are enthusiastic about environmental education to work with us this summer. Students range from pre-K through high school. Primary responsibilities will be to assist our instructors during summer camp programs. Programs focus on hands-on activities, nature crafts and outdoor adventures to nearby freshwater, salt marsh and woodland habitats. Interns must be able to effectively interact with the public, follow and enforce all necessary rules, be able to be on their feet for extended amounts of time, be comfortable leading a hike with multiple participants, and be prepared to learn about and utilize basic plant/animal identification and first aid.
Hours: Full day and half day sessions available. Summer camps run from June 29 to August 21. Preparations for camp programs will begin the last week of June.
- Background in biology, environmental science or education.
- Interest in education.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with children.
- Must have flexible hours.
- Must be comfortable handling fish, turtles and amphibians.
- Spend your summer outdoors while sharing your love of nature and science with children.
- Volunteer hours may be used for college credit or to fulfill observation hours. Check with your advisor for approval.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Krissy Forman, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.