Collins, an ENR Top 500 Design Firm providing design to the transportation, marine, construction, and land development industries, is seeking a self-motivated Engineer to be an integral part of our team in East Greenwich, RI. As a growing, multi-disciplined civil engineering and professional services firm, Collins is a great place to grow your career. We are large enough to provide a broad range of experiences and exposure to a variety of projects, but small enough to foster a flexible environment and family atmosphere. We encourage independent, critical thinkers who grow and expand the ways in which we serve our clients. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, and offer the opportunity to work on unique projects that you may not find in a typical engineering firm.
This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that are focused on the inspection, design and permitting of waterfront structures, including:
- Piers and Wharves
- Offshore Wind Support
- Revetments and Slope Protection
- Coastal Resiliency
This position is a mix of design and fieldwork, leaning heavier towards design. The location is primarily local, but may involve occasional travel. We offer plenty of opportunities for growth, working with professionals who have decades of experience performing industry-defining techniques. Collins promotes an “open door” policy and is filled with leaders who listen to suggestions at all levels, so applicants who bring their own ideas and who enjoy a collaborative workspace will excel. Collins brings the support needed to advance your career, where continuous development and education, and participation with technical committees will be encouraged and supported.
The Engineer performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs design and inspection/field work that does not require previous experience.
- Assists in the completion of inspection and assessment reports.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Keeps Project Managers informed of work load and any changes to project scope or additional services.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare calculation packages and design drawings.
- Is active in technical societies.
- Is able to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Has limited communication with clients.
- Instructs draftspersons / technicians on design drawings, data entry, and report preparation.
- Actively observes and acts in an appropriate manner related to safety.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year university, plus appropriate continuing education
- 0-4 years of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) or ability to obtain within one year.
- A valid driver’s license
View physical demands and our commitment to safety. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a federal contractor, Collins Engineers is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
For more information, please download the below documents:
*Note: to enable links and learn more about our benefits and culture, please view this posting on the Collins website at https://www.collinsengr.com/careers/benefits/.