Marketing & Social Media Internship
Remote Virtual Internship • 1-3 Months
Common Tides is looking for a Virtual Intern who has a strong interest in learning aspects of a non-profit company. You must be motivated and able to work within a team, independently, and virtually. The intern who fills this position will learn aspects of the non-profit industry that relate to marketing while also being given some creative freedom to complete tasks. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Marketing & Social Media
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Willing to dedicate at least 4 hours per week to work on Common Tides duties; total hours to be determined based on Common Tides/Intern needs.
- Assist with all forms of social media, newsletter production and distribution, and contact list growth and organization
- Work closely with a director and other team members to plan, develop and implement annual goals
- Be prepared to learn the Common Tides marine science and sailing curriculum
- Conduct yourself in the highest standards
- Excitement for hands-on learning and environmental education
- Enrollment in a BA or BS degree program
- Knowledgeable in social media networking
- A strong interest in marketing, marine science, non-profit organization management, and education
- Ability to use your time constructively and self manage
- Strong communication, decision making, logistical, and organizational skills
- Strong desire to change the world for the better through education and action!
About Common Tides: Our mission is to inspire passion through ocean education and stewardship to create positive change. Our main focus is to provide a free marine science and sailing program to youth experiencing disadvantages, and develop conscious leaders that can serve communities on land and sea by empowering upcoming generations. The goal is to provide these youth and new leaders with more education about their oceans and themselves so that in the future they can be empowered to fill conservation and leadership roles, eco-tourism jobs, and further understand their connection with the ocean.
Compensation: No financial compensation available. Gain experience in the non-profit field, enhance working skill set, and attain working references for future needs. Internship extension and/or advancement to other roles within Common Tides possible.
Please send a resume and references to:
Mike Smith; firstname.lastname@example.org