Quality Control Lab Technician/Junior R&D Formulation Chemist
- Works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Quality Lab Manager/Formulation Chemist. We will train you well.
- Perform duties related to formulating, pilot/scale-up, and commercial batch manufacturing
- Draft, review, and approve manufacturing batch records prior to processing
- Advise and guide manufacturing personnel when needed
- Research, review, and implement new raw materials
- Work on new formulations and reverse-engineer commercial products
- Perform stability testing and document results
- Perform quality procedures related to sampling, testing, release, and qualification of bulk products and finished goods according to all company policies and SOP’s
- Provide support for non-conformances, investigate preventative action and implement corrective actions
- Maintain retains of finished goods
- Help develop, write, and improve SOP’s as needed
- Work with customers and co-workers in a professional manner as required
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and follow instruction and work documents in English
- Perform duties in accordance with ISO 22716, ISO 9001 and GMP
- An insatiable appetite and drive to learn
- Receive instructions through oral and written communications accurately and quickly.
- Convey answers or instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- Able to work independently
- Ability to complete paperwork correctly
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Employee will be using a respirator and protective clothing while performing certain jobs
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred, other sciences and engineering strongly considered -or- Associate’s Degree and 2+ years in directly related work experience