Project Engineer / Coordinator
Connecticut Carpentry Corporation is a 2nd generation family owned and operated company. We are a woman owned, small business, based out of Rocky Hill Connecticut. We have been in business for over 50 years as a general contractor specializing in General Trades packages. Our dynamic construction team works on large scale public and private jobs. Some of our typical clients include, schools, towns, health care agencies, real estate agencies as well as private firms and commercial retail chains.
This position works under direct supervision of our vice president, this individual will be responsible for assisting the estimating team and project management team with all bids and active projects. This individual will work with our team in bidding, buying and starting up our projects. They will:
· Perform quantity takeoffs
· Soliciting subcontractor quotes
· Help to prepare and deliver bids
· Attend pre-bid and construction progress /coordination meetings
· Assist our project management team with submittals, scheduling, project startup and coordination.
Requirements: Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of the construction administration process is preferred.
· Motivated, sociable, and dedicated individual
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively interact at all levels, within and external to the organization.
· Exceptional prioritization, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to produce highest quality results.
· Strong focus on detail and skilled in handling diverse tasks with high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
· Excellent written, mathematical, and grammatical skills, along with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.), knowledge of Bluebeam is a plus.
· Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
If interested, please email Jack Tibbetts with the subject “Project Engineer / Coordinator”.
Please include a copy of your resume.