The Electronics & Embedded Systems division of Draper is looking to fill multiple co-op positions across various groups within the Hardware Design & Development Directorate. Successful candidates are self-starters and team-players with a desire to learn new things and advance technology while working with our results oriented teams. This position will directly impact the national security of the United States of America and push the boundaries of what is technically possible.
Successful candidates will be matched with an appropriate team based on their skills and experience. Summer Interns have the opportunity to work with senior technical staff on various programs and will be expected to effectively communicate their work both orally and in written memos and presentations. As a student you will participate in all aspects of the product development process including design and prototyping, analysis and simulation, and modeling and test. You may work on various system types including the following:
- RF and communication systems including transceivers, antennas, microwave circuits, magnetometers, and other electromagnetic sensors
- Instrumentation electronics including low-noise operational amplifiers, analog to digital & digital to analog converters, and analog filtering
- State-of-the-art accelerometers, gyroscopes, bio-electronics and novel sensors in various form factors including MEMS.
- Layout, routing, and integration of Printed Circuit Boards
- Digital systems that utilize FPGAs, Microcontrollers and ASICs to implement algorithms for signal, image, and data processing
Students must be US citizens who are enrolled in an accredited engineering curriculum and able to work full-time for the summer break.
Candidates will be matched to a group based on their relevant experience and interests. Below is a list of broad qualifications sought across the division. Candidates are not expected to have every skill listed but should have experience with two or more of the following:
- Scripting and modeling in MATLAB, Simulink, Labview, etc.
- Simulation tools such as SPICE, CST, COMSOL, and ANSYS HFSS/SIwave
- Digital/FPGA design tools, such as Xilinx Vivado and Microsemi Libero
- Board & chip design tool sets, such as Cadence and Mentor Graphics
- Signal integrity, layout, and grounding design principles
- Digital signal processing, classical controls, and/or modern controls
- Hands on experience in digital and/or analog electronics design, test, and debug
** Draper has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all Draper employees. This will be a condition of employment to work at Draper.