ELS is hiring for the position of Assistant Property Manager (AGM) at Lake George Escape Outdoor Resort in Lake George, New York. The resort serves guests seasonally each year from May – October with this Assistant Manager role a year-round / full time position.
This is a great opportunity for candidates that like to be outdoors, meeting new people & facing different opportunities & challenges every day. Ideal candidates would be positive, uplifting leaders who are critical thinker with good communication and computer skills.
Lake George Escape is a destination property located on 178-acres full of plush woods meadows surrounded by the six million-acre Adirondack Park. As an “Outdoor Resort” Lake George Escape is a campground offering RV, tent & fully equipped one & two – bedroom cabins. It operates similar to any traditional hotel resort.
What you’ll do:
The Assistant Property Manager works alongside the Property Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the property. This position acts as the liaison between guests and residents and the Property Manager to answer questions and resolve maintenance and tenant issues.
Your job will include:
· Greet prospective customers and show them the property, sites or cabins, and amenities.
· Execute agreements with new and returning guests/residents and ensure that all parties understand the terms and conditions of their contracts.
· Respond to questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
· Collect overdue payments and discuss other issues that require immediate attention.
· Manage the maintenance and custodial staff of the property and oversee general maintenance, repair of buildings and grounds and housekeeping duties.
· Schedule, plan and execute functions at the property.
· Order inventory and obtain estimates for new projects.
· Manage calendars and perform general administrative tasks.
· Ensure guests and residents feel comfortable, valued and appreciated.
Experience & skills you need:
· Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and equivalent experience required.
· Retail / hospitality experience is required. Previous campground “Outdoor Resort” experience is not required.
· 3+ years of experience managing a budget and a team.
· Strong customer service, coordination and administrative skills.
· Basic knowledge of building structures.
· Able to pay meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other web-based applications.
· Valid driver’s license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
Equity Lifestyle Properties owns / manages over 400+ RV Resorts, campgrounds, marinas & manufactured housing communities across the US & in British Columbia. Success as the Assistant Property Manager offers an excellent opportunity for career growth.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.