Due to funding from ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act), this position is eligible for a $750 Sign-On Bonus and a pro-rated Monthly Stipend up to $694.50. This is currently effective from date of hire until the end of June 2023. Receive an FSRI $500.00 Sign-on Bonus within 6 months of employment!
FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
To provide guidance and supervision of children/adolescents in a residential setting. To assist each resident to make decisions about daily life, conduct and discipline within the boundaries of Agency policy and the requirements of the contractual agreement with the Department of Children, Youth and Family. To provide an environment that promotes the physical and mental well being of each child. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) in the milieu setting.
- FSRI is looking for people who are empathetic, good listeners, enjoy working with youth, and see hope for the future for everyone no matter what barriers or struggles a person has faced.
- We work 24/7 and need applicants who are willing and capable to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as scheduled.
- Candidates can have a variety of educational, work, and personal experience which may make them good candidates. Some backgrounds include previous residential work experience, obtaining Bachelor’s or similar in psychology, social work, or related fields. We also have staff who do not have Bachelor’s degrees but who have experience as Community Health Workers, childcare workers, or personal experience. We want to learn about you and what drives you and see if this role is a good fit.
- Staff must have knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic issues.
- The position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, registration, inspection and driving record..
- In addition, the reliable transportation must have a minimum of three seats in addition to the driver’s seat.
- This position requires community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and residential site locations, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull 10 lbs or more.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be trained in and implement de-escalation techniques utilizing Handle with Care when necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Here at FSRI, we’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you’re excited about one of our career opportunities, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the perfect fit for this or another opportunity!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our FAMILY today!
At Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI), we succeed by lifting others. Founded in 1892, our long history of non-profit service has always been tailored to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of the diverse Rhode Island community in which we serve. We have three offices located in Providence, but our employees provide impactful services state-wide. We are engaged, committed, and passionate about our work helping others, and care deeply about our mission to advance equity, opportunity, and hope in our communities.
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.