Easterseals Rhode Island (ESRI) provides opportunities for people of all ages with a range of disabilities to achieve their full potential. From early intervention services to employment placement and community supports we help children and adults with disabilities, caregivers, veterans and seniors reach their fullest potential as they live, learn, work and play.
We are seeking an intern to assist with workforce development programs for people with disabilities during summer months. You will work closely with ESRI business development and case management staff in the implementation of summer work experience programs, community-based work experience programs, virtual job exploration programs and more. Tasks include planning and administering virtual vocational lessons, virtual assessment meetings, interview preparation, employer engagement, participant program evaluations and other tasks as assigned.
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s level in vocational rehabilitation, counseling, social work or other relevant area
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, active listening skills
· Experience working in and/or ability to demonstrate commitment to nonprofit work targeting economically disadvantaged populations; homeless, elderly, ex-offenders, low wage earners, individuals with disabilities, working families, un/underemployed and hard to place individuals, highly preferred
· High attention to detail, exceptional time management skills and strong organization skills
· Ability to analyze situations, anticipate and/or detect problems and provide solutions
· Aptitude to manage time and tasks efficiently with little supervision
· Ability to think creatively and connect meeting business needs and social service goals
· Results driven personality with the ability to work well with others in a team setting
· Provide references that can vouch for your ability to show professionalism, confidentiality, compassion, and respect all people
· Proficiency in virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets, etc, as well as Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office tools