This internship provided me with valuable skills and hands-on experience with clients. James was really involved in the process of my future employment and made sure I was prepared for what was to come in the application process! I can confidently say that the months we had working together enhanced my understanding of marketing and gave me a confident path to move forward on after graduation.
Roger Williams University – Class of 2020
Interning for Grande Media was a very unique and beneficial experience. I was able to learn a variety of digital marketing techniques and skills that were foreign to me. As a communications major I was new to the digital marketing world, but Grande Media was able to help me build a portfolio to present to future employers. As a college student, this internship was manageable, educative, and fun!
URI – Class of 2020
*This opportunity has the potential to transition into paid work*
About Our Professional Development Program
By utilizing print, radio, television, and digital platforms – Grande Media focuses on generating tangible results for its Clients.
Where other companies provide students with remedial tasks, Grande Media works incredibly hard to ensure each student’s internship experience is personalized and centered around his or her own professional goals.
Students work on results-driven customized projects for Grande Media and its Clients. Some of the projects our students have been involved with include:
- Television Ad Campaigns
- Press Releases
- Marketing and Sales Proposals
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Production
- Content Creation
- Business Networking
- Website Development and Management
- Brand Awareness and Recognition
- Event Planning and Execution
Grande Media provides its team members with hands-on career training, portfolio management, and direct job market exposure through weekly, monthly, and quarterly networking objectives.
These objectives incorporate multiple resources that most students are unable to find in a classroom setting. Grande Media aims to utilize its network of marketing professionals and business owners to further educate and prepare these students for a career post-graduation through scheduled trainings and business meetings.
Being unlike any other program, Grande Media prides itself on the testimonials and successes of its former students.
As of 2020, every former Grande Media student intern has found a job in his or her field of study with both full-benefits and a competitive salary.
What This Internship Offers:
- Flexible hours (Mon-Fri, 10-20 hours per week)
- Opportunities for paid work hours after proven results
- Hands-on training in social media management
- Potential to grow in this position for select candidates
- Creating and scheduling customized social content for Grande Media’s clients
- Monitor and enhance multiple social media pages and advertising accounts
- Network with business owners directly via Zoom conferencing
- Receive client approvals for digital advertising and content
- Aid in the maintenance of Grande Media’s social media accounts
- Assist in administrative tasks as-needed
- Junior or Senior level undergraduates pursuing a degree in communication studies, marketing, or a related field
- Proven experience scheduling and posting social media content for a small business
- Solid understanding marketing principles
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-versed in creating content with Canva
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, GSuite, Canva, Facebook, Instagram
Knowledge and experience with:
LinkedIn, Google My Business
Graphic design is a plus (Adobe, Affinity Designer), video editing experience (Final Cut Pro X or iMovie)
For my final semester at URI I had the opportunity to be an intern for James with Grande Media. I can honestly say that my involvement with this internship was unlike any other experience I have had at URI. James really prepared me for life after college and has made me feel more comfortable with entering the “real world”.
URI – Class of 2018
Grande Media was a key part of not only my senior year, but my time at URI as a whole. I graduated feeling prepared and ready to take on the world of Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications. I loved my internship and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
URI – Class of 2018