GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our environmental engineering group in our Providence, RI office. As a Civil/Environmental Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. You will also work in a fast-paced team of Project Managers, Principals, Scientists, and other Engineers. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment. If you have a strong academic record, solid understanding of civil engineering principles with an environmental focus, strong communication skills, and a desire to work in environmental engineering with complex challenges, please apply today!
- Key Responsibilities:Preparation for fieldwork including preparing health and safety plans, assembling necessary field equipment, reviewing relevant background information about the Site/project and reviewing the budget/schedule with the Project Manager.
- Conducting fieldwork including soil boring advancement and analysis, monitoring well installation and sampling, soil vapor/air monitoring and analysis and performing construction monitoring for permit compliance and site development.
- Adherence to all applicable safety policies from GZA and Client.
- Data gathering, organization and interpretation of subsurface conditions and analytical data.
- Executing engineering analyses, under the direction of a senior engineer, including remedial alternative evaluation/feasibility studies, remedial system design, grading, infrastructure design and construction support.
- Writing drafts of field reports, inspection/engineering reports and technical specifications.
- Preparing all phases of permitting application packages.
- Preparing construction plans, specifications and construction bid packages.
- Performing cost/quantity estimates and project scheduling.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
The selected candidate is expected to complete work tasks within allotted timeframe, and to coordinate with the project team regarding changes to scheduling, project status, or project scope.
- Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering is required. Master’s degree a plus. Environmental focus is preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and AutoCAD skills preferred; ArcMap proficiency is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Perform technical execution of projects under the supervision of project managers
- Ability to follow directions, and work independently or in a team setting
- Self-motivated with a professional attitude
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and FE/EIT certification a plus
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- About GZA:Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, waterfront, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status