Working with and under the direction of Designers and Principals, candidates should have at least two years of professional experience and interest in traditional and regional architecture. The role requires a strong command of AutoCad and familiarity with design principles, computer-aided drafting technologies, and building codes to ensure that drawings are accurate and present necessary information. As a full-time salaried position in our Connecticut office, this role requires a minimum of 40 hours per week and occasionally extends into evenings and weekends.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Founders and project architects to assist with all phases of a project, including but not limited, to the production of Concept, Schematic, & Design Development drawings, sketches, 3D modeling, and presentations.
- Assist in the sourcing and selection of materials, accessories, lighting, plumbing, and other materials.
- Record and measure existing conditions to produce as-built documentation.
- Collaborate with project consultants to meet project objectives.
- Assist in answering and reviewing shop drawings, RFI’s, and submittals.
- Assist in general office initiatives and contribute to the office culture.
- Fluency in AutoCAD (knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 2-5 years work experience (high-end residential work is a plus)
- Drivers license
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Sick days
- Personal days
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- 100% health insurance coverage for employees
For consideration, applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including references
- A portfolio of work samples
We offer a collegial work environment and opportunities for advancement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Located in Litchfield County, CT, our employees enjoy a myriad of cultural and outdoor recreational activities the region provides. Grand Central is 2.5 hours away by train.