HFA has an immediate opportunity for Architectural Designers. In this role, you will develop full sets of construction documents as a part of a multi-discipline team. You will coordinate directly with in-house disciplines, including: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Fire Protection and other engineers. You will be utilizing your talents for problem solving, finding and understanding problems, and finding solutions.
Our teams have industry leading architects and engineers with a history of working in a collaborative and integrated AE firm. Projects are created using Revit. Therefore, a working knowledge of this software package is required.
In this role, you will be required to organize yourself and utilize personal time management strategies in order to maximize your efficiency. Ability to set smaller personal deadlines in order to achieve expected overall team deadlines is required.
Some travel within the continental US is required seasonally, approximately 15-20% of the time, to photograph and document existing conditions of buildings and building systems.
Demonstrated ability to critically think through a design solution and visualize what that solution will look like in real life is critical to your success…Is what you have designed constructible?
Another key to your success is to continuously build a design knowledge-base. Learning from redlines, guidelines, and peers to apply that knowledge to the next project.
Major objectives for this person include:
- Produce full sets of construction documents as part of a multi-discipline design team and to recognize the interconnectedness of a design and initiate coordination with other disciplines when collaboration is needed
- Clearly communicate design issues and solutions to others on the design team
- Multi-task and be organized while working on several projects within the same or overlapping time frames
- Have an organized understanding of all projects currently being worked on and be able to give updates as requested
- Create buildable and clear construction drawing sets
- Develop personal and professional skills to further your career
Our work environment can be fast-paced at times yet quite relaxed and fun in the process because you work with friendly and helpful co-workers in a very collaborative space. We provide excellent software resources and support to help you do your job.
We encourage our staff to pursue professional licensure and support that with:
- Professional encouragement
- Reimbursable support upon passing licensing exams
- Maintain a current library of testing/study materials
Qualification for this position:
- Graduate from a NAAB accredited school of architecture. Or 1-5 years of relevant experience in lieu of college degree
- REVIT savvy, efficient user of AutoCAD and rendering software
- Increasing responsible architectural experience, post college, or work experience including construction document production
- Be a self-motivated person that can work independently
- Be a creative problem solver
- Ability to remain focused on tasks for extended periods of time to maintain efficiency
- Ability to travel
- Candidates must be authorized to work long-term in the United States