Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a 12-month part-time Graduate co-op position for a Business Analyst with the Diverse Partner Development team. The Diverse Partner Development team is developing an initiative to increase the number and participation of IBM Business Partners that are diverse (51% or more owned and operated by Asian, Black, Hispanic, Native American, Female, Veteran, persons with disabilities, etc.) in IBM’s Ecosystem of Business Partners who sell IBM solutions. This person will work with the Diverse Partner Development team to pull and format data to provide regular reporting; perform marketplace data collection and analysis to provide insights; perform data maintenance; perform BOX team room content management and maintenance; and perform other activities assisting in the design and implementation of the Diverse Partner Initiative.
- Ongoing deep data collection and analysis to drive insights for the targeted development of programs and actions in support of the team to nurture the growth of diverse business partners
- Secondary research, as requested, in support of diverse partner initiatives, presentations (internal & external), etc.
- Weekly data pulls and reporting to support new diverse partner onboarding
- Weekly diverse partner data maintenance
- Monthly reporting in support of Win Wire to general manager
- Monthly recruitment, onboarding and revenue data pulls and reporting
- Administration and content management for Diverse Partner team tools such as BOX, Trello, et al.
- Validation of diverse partner registration certificates
- Weekly Diverse Partner program measurements and reporting for announcements and promotions
- Participate with team in design and implementation of new programs or promotions
- Proven leadership capabilities and ability to navigate multiple business units in a matrixed organization
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Self-directed and goal-oriented
- Creativity in resolving complex problems
- Strong project management capabilities
- Data research and analysis expertise
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional team player qualities
- This co-op role will be performed remotely, though the ideal candidate will reside in the Washington DC metro area.
- You must be actively be pursuing a Graduate degree throughout the co-op term, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Data Science/Analytics or a related area.
- Ideally, you will graduate in May 2022 or later and will be able to potentially work as a part-time co-op for 12 months.
- You must be willing to work 24 hours per week throughout the co-op term.
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position, now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future employment-based visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 months’ experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- At least 6 months’ experience with common collaboration tools — including BOX, Mural, Slack, Trello, Webex, and others
- Basic knowledge of data reporting systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year’s experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- At least 1 year’s experience in using data reporting systems
- Proven research capabilities, leveraging the general internet as well as proprietary resources such as Dun & Bradstreet, Hoovers, IDC, Gartner, CRN, and others
- Prior experience in Sales and/or Business Development, specifically experience in managing third party software/cloud performance alliances with leading vendors