LMG is a dynamic, regional, full-service CPA firm offering a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that fosters personal and professional growth. At LMG, we dedicate ourselves to providing comprehensive, high quality service to our clients, and a supportive professional atmosphere for our staff. As a valued member of the firm, you will develop strong professional relationships with clients and participate in delivering services with a group of highly experienced and dedicated professionals. We are committed to providing a supportive professional environment and making our firm a great place to work. LMG continues to grow and currently has over 30 professional and administrative staff. Contact Karen Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the LMG Team!
STAFF ACCOUNTANT INTERN
Reports to Senior Accountants, Engagement Managers or Partners
2021 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM, JUNE 14 – AUGUST 20, 2021
Interns must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and have an interest in a career in public accounting.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures including the ability to use the firm’s professional software and time and billing systems.
· Gain an understanding of the importance of excellent client relationships.
· Become proficient in the preparation of complete full disclosure financial statements, corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and tax-exempt tax returns prepared by the firm. In this process become familiar with the various FASB, AICPA and IRS rules and regulations.
· Perform assigned audit, review or compilation procedures for specific accounts and transactions including the testing of internal controls under the supervision of more experienced staff.
· Participate in various firm training designed for staff accountants.
· Internships are paid positions and interns will be expected to work 32 hours per week.