Ocean House Management seeks an enthusiastic, detail-oriented intern to assist the Marketing and Public Relations department with day-to-day efforts and project-based assignments for Ocean House, Weekapaug Inn, Watch Hill Inn and the Preserve Sporting Club. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the best hospitality companies in the country, while building a portfolio and gaining knowledge and experience.
- Learn and write marketing and communications items that promote the properties and their business units
- Submit and manage special event listings to local media
- Learn and manage the team’s advertising plan, deadline chart and submissions.
- Learn about and help organize visual assets including photos for media use.
- Help with major business unit areas including but not limited Ocean House Collection’s art, culinary and wine guest education programs o Learn and assist with program planning
- Attend events as needed to capture marketing/communications information and/or assist with production of the event(s)
- Assist with the coordination of event details, when needed
Public Relations and Media Relations
- Help with the promotion of events and the properties in the media; submit events to media, partners and other organizations
- Learn and coordinate curation of social media for multiple businesses
- Assist with photo and video shoots as needed
- Assist with special activations and general organization of the department
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Must be working toward a college degree in a related field of study (Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, Journalism)
- Understand the basic principles of communications, public relations and/or marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Willingness to work selected evenings and weekends if needed
- Knowledge of MS Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint