The crack of the bat. The roar of the crowd. The in-game contests. The park atmosphere. It’s all part of the game-day experience for fans attending any sporting event and it’s all part of why we love working at PG Midwest.
Our team is a fun-loving, energized and dynamic group with a mission to grow the game.
We are committed to providing an expanded schedule of quality events that provides an unparalleled platform for our student-athletes and impacts everyone that comes through our gates. Through our impact, we will build a community that is centered on the student-athlete, gives back generously to local communities, and stays laser-focused on growing the game we love.
OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY IMPACTS OUR GAME AND BRINGS COMMUNITIES TOGETHER
Our Social Media Intern will create daily content for our various social media channels. You will assist in the development of a strategic plan for posting and updating as well as monitoring engagement and responding when appropriate. You will also be on-site at many of our events to provide the audience with live and up-to-date content.
In addition to Social Media projects, you may also have the opportunity to work in other services such as marketing, event management, business development initiatives and game-day operations as needed.
We can offer flexible hours during the week based on the needs of your supervisor and can be discussed. Weekend availability is a must – you will be expected to work on weekends posting social media content.
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a relevant major, such as Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Recreation & Parks Management, etc.
- Punctual and self-motivating
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal/communication
- Attention to detail
Comfortable, appropriate office/field attire is acceptable
Social Media Management
- Prior experience managing business-oriented social media accounts
- Displays in-depth knowledge & understanding of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Demonstrates creativity
- Ability to effectively communicate info & ideas in written format
- Demonstrates customer service techniques when needed
The Social Media Intern will administer all social media accounts. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Creating and implementing social media marketing plan
- Strategic planning and scheduling of social media posts that may include:
- General event marketing
- On-site coverage/posting during events
- Event recaps
- Current topic and news related articles that coincide with the mission, values and vision of MSP
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Responding to direct messages and comments in a professional manner
- Oversees design (timeline cover photos, profile pic., landing pages, etc.)
- Brand development
- Engagement of customers
- Monitor trends in social media tools, apps, design & strategy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Time Flexible for Internships