Event Coordinator Intern
If you are interested in this position after carefully reviewing the description and responsibilities, please email your resume and brief paragraph on why you are interested in the role to email@example.com ASAP.
The Event Coordinator Intern is an extremely important resource to a growing non-profit such as the RI Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (RIHCC). Having relevant and engaging events adds value to the business community while increasing visibility for the RIHCC. A successful Event Coordinator intern will be able to create and implement new ways of planning for and organizing both virtual and in-person events, including through accessible registration methods, programmatic and content planning, publication strategies, gathering feedback during or after events from attendees, and detailed logistical planning.
This unpaid position is aimed at allowing college students the opportunity to build their skills and gain exposure to a real-world work environment while being able to perform high-impact work in the social sector. Furthermore, this position includes orientation and training as well as some supervision time each week, however much of the work is to be completed independently once the Intern feels comfortable with the assigned tasks.
Internship Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Event Coordinator Intern is a part-time (10-20 hours/week) intern who will primarily serve the organization in the following capacities:
- Assist with large-scale Annual Conference organization
- Assist with the coordinating and facilitating special events and programs including but not limited to Desayuno de Negocios, Women in Business, Latino Contractor Summit, Cafe con Leche, etc.
- Shares knowledge relating to societal trends and how to adjust programs to be as inclusive as possible.
- Research and planning of conferences, banquets, dinners, and fundraisers.
- Review and compare competitive costs to select vendors used per event.
- Follow-through with vendor contacts.
- Assist in integrating Zoom and other web platforms with existing database.
- Maintaining budget, invoices and contracts per event.
- Keep track of registration in existing database.
- Gather attendee feedback during and/or after events.
- Contact event guest speakers or collaborators when necessary.
- Work together with Communications and Marketing interns to ensure proper communication about events.
- All other tasks as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- Knowledge of or connection to Hispanic community
- Spanish-speaking preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn new things
- Self-starter, good at working independently at least half of the time
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and advanced organization skills.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Proficient writing skills.
- Work well under pressure with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Approachable personality to work with internal staff and external partners.
- Prepared to travel to in-person event venues when necessary
NOTE: This internship is unpaid, but may be used for course credit, where applicable. We are looking to fill this internship as soon as possible. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to staying at least half a year or longer. Upon review of your performance with the team and if there is a good fit, there may be an opportunity to continue on for further internship hours. Hours can be done virtually from home, or in person at the office. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org