The Rhode Island Interlocal Risk Management Trust (“The Trust”) is the pioneer and undeniable leader of intergovernmental risk-sharing pooling in Rhode Island. As a Member-owned and managed organization, The Trust’s overarching goal is to provide its Members with the highest standards of service, risk management and insurance programs. The Trust is recognized as local government’s premier one-stop source for Property/Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Health, Dental, Life, Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) and Wellness, and widely lauded for its excellence in risk management and loss prevention services.
- Manage Member property schedules through schedule reviews and the processing of policy change endorsements.
- Provide support to all underwriting functions including, but not limited to, new and renewal business review, review of property inspections, Workers’ Compensation audits review and processing, business systems process testing, and rate setting.
- Assist in identifying underwriting trends and assisting in book of business analysis related to loss frequency and severity, market conditions, and product improvements.
- Work closely with the Director of Property & Casualty Underwriting in an effort to continuously meet the needs of our Membership and develop equitable funding strategies based on identified predictive modeling characteristics.
- Manage the request for Third Party evidence of insurance.
- Serve as a contact for our Members; exceptional customer service is critical to this role which will entail researching and answering Member questions.
- Perform various underwriting and claim analysis for use in the Underwriting process, internal managerial review, and Member meetings.
- Assist in reviewing and updating exposure data involved in the renewal, and audit process.
- Assist in new product development and product enhancements reflective of the needs of our Membership and in response to changing market conditions.
- Assist in the evaluation/ development/ implementation of organizational software and process improvements.
- Respond promptly to telephone and written inquiries about policy status, policy change requests, billing status, new applications, rating, and explaining new or revised products and processes.
- Keep the underwriting files properly documented and organized with accurate, clear, and complete information.
- Provide timely and professional customer service to our Members, Vendors, and Trust staff.
- Actively participate in enterprise risk management strategies by fully engaging The Trust staff and working as a member of The Trust Team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years of business analyst or rating experience, preferably with a property and casualty carrier or agency
- Proficiency in managing information databases and structuring the data sets to visualize the data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to think critically to execute change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL are a plus.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of The Trust.
Health and Dental
Group Term Life and AD&D
Group Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
This position is available as an Internship or Full-Time Employment