Who You Are:
You are a Marketing and Communications graduate with experience in a fast-paced professional setting. You have experience managing multiple social media platforms for an organization. You have researched and developed content, created marketing and email campaigns on various platforms and you have managed distribution of the campaigns. You are a “writer” at heart, and you have experience drafting error-free press releases. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle priorities and deadlines with ease. You interpret analytics from your campaigns and look for ways to improve. You enjoy event planning and supporting on and off-site events, including company / client functions, golf outings or charitable events. You have experience with the key activities for event planning including venue inspection and selection, menu, advertising and activities. You can work outside normal business hours, when necessary.
You like the details and strive for accurate work. Accuracy and attention to detail are strong points of yours. You are highly organized. You are comfortable working with limited direction. You are motivated by hard work and doing what is right and take pride in the work you do. You enjoy and are up for a challenge!
Who We Are:
Starkweather is a 143-year-old company with the reputation of being one of the Best Places to Work in our territory. We are owned by a Trust, run by the Trustees along with a Board of Directors whose mission is to provide stability and security for our clients and our employees. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual bonus, 401(k) match and generous profit-sharing plan.
Our benefits package is equally as robust including, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA and HRA plans. We offer an open-ended, performance driven vacation and sick policy: Beneficial Time Off, as well as a relaxed dress code. Also offered are Life, LTD, voluntary opportunities for Supplemental Life, Supplemental LTD, Pet Insurance, Accident, Critical Care, Legal, and Identity Theft.
This individual will become the written voice of the organization. This role will be responsible for development of content, social media posts and email campaigns for respective practice groups within our organization. Platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn Showcase pages and use of Hubspot for scheduling. This role will be responsible for creating and publishing press releases organizationally and to outside publications. In addition, this role participates in event planning at a company and client level. This includes venue selection, menu selection, assisting leading up to and on the day of the event and serving as the main point of contact as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Marketing experience in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree in relative field preferred
- Strong writing background, preferably having been published locally in periodicals or online.
- Strong grammar and punctuation knowledge, exemplary proof-reading skills.
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Critical Thinking required, must be able to assess situation and recommend solution
- Experience in supporting event planning activities
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be in a highly visible role. Must be able to interact with associates at all levels of the organization
- Superior verbal communication skills, highly organized and ability to adhere to a schedule / meet deadlines
- Ability to work and execute with limited supervision
- Must be capable of multitasking and it is critical to be able to operate in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
At Starkweather & Shepley, we embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of our clients. It is within this spirit that we can confidently facilitate an effective relationship to assist our clients in managing and reducing their ultimate cost of risk. Our teams of professionals possess the requisite intellectual capital to properly analyze operational, financial, and strategic risk – to best protect your bottom line. Famed British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli said, “The secret to success is constancy of purpose”. Our corporate culture seeks to embody this statement, infusing it into our daily mission to exceed your expectations wherever and whenever possible. “The Starkweather Difference” allows us to…
- Bring optimal value to our clients.
- Earn their appreciation for our commitment & expertise.
- Take pride in putting our clients and our employees first.
- In addition to the Traditional & Alternative Risk Transfer options for your Commercial Property & Casualty needs, Starkweather & Shepley also offers…
- Employee Benefits – Customized Benefits program to meet your company’s needs and in establishing a corporate consumer driven healthcare strategy.
- Private Client Group – Personal Insurance tailored specifically to your needs, requirements, and risk tolerance.
- Marine Insurance – Specialists with the technical ‘know-how’ to properly insure all things ‘wet marine’ including Marinas and shipyards, Yachts, Boat Builders, and Commercial Watercraft.
- Affinity & Franchise Programming – Innovative solutions for franchise organizations and membership associations wishing to take advantage of their size and potential buying power.