SMMA is excited to offer a Recruiting Internship! Working to support SMMA’s Recruiter, the Recruiting Intern will have high-level exposure to the full-cycle recruiting process, all while contributing impactful work to advance the firm’s mission. We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth.
This position is available either part-time or full-time.
- Coordinating phone screens and interviews
- Coordinating new hire orientation, scheduling meetings, and processing and filing I-9 documentation
- Additional projects based on your interests!
- Flexibility to work a hybrid work schedule in-office and remotely
- Must be obtaining a degree in a related field
- 0-1 years’ experience in customer service (internships count)
- Office experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Positive, collaborative, and team-conscious attitude
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible, integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five studios of market focus: Corporate and Commercial, Federal Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science and Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
- Employee-owned firm
- Hybrid work-from-home policy
- Employee Assistance Program (includes confidential emotional support, legal guidance, and financial resources)
- “Lunch and Learns” with internal and external speakers
This is a paid internship. SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.