Position: Political Data Intern – Summer 2021
Summary: Data Trust, a dynamic political data organization focused on developing and nurturing top talent focused on center-right leaning advocacy and support is actively hiring Summer 2021 interns. Interns will have the opportunity to work hands-on with Data Trust clients and staff with ongoing projects related to statistics and voter data.
The program is set to be remote*, and will run from June 2nd – August 11th, but we can be flexible for the right candidate. Monday through Friday, 20-30 hours per week. College students and young professionals interested in pursuing a career in political data are especially encouraged to apply.
Why intern with Data Trust?
Do you love data? Have a passion for politics? If so, you are looking at your dream internship! This data internship program is designed around two main principles: receive real world exposure to political data and build relationships with key players in the center-right political ecosystem through weekly meet and greets.
- Request and upload statewide and countywide voter files in SQL Server Management Studio with the Data Acquisition team
- Assist Business Intelligence/GIS teams with preparing data for visualizations in Tableau/ArcGIS
- Process and audit incoming data with the Product Development team
- Assist the Data Engineering team with developing data flow/ ETL processes
- Assist Client Services team with client requests and projects
- You are working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a recent graduate looking to enter the world of political data
- You ideally have experience working in politics, excellent organizational skills, a strong work ethic, basic Microsoft Excel skills and a dedication to political data
- You are trustworthy and possess the ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Preferred majors are political science, government, math, computer science, business, communications, or economics
- Experience with Microsoft SQL a plus
* We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and as our main concern is the health and safety of our employees and their families, we have scheduled the program to be remote. If there is an opportunity to have our interns in Washington D.C., we will welcome those that are interested, but this will not be required.
** In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. As a matter of company policy, we are not able to sponsor visas.