- The Center provides a full range of educational, residential and treatment programs designed to help children reach their full potential. The goal of maximizing independence serves as the foundation of all Center programs. Each program has been developed to address varying skills and multiple levels of functioning.
- NECC serves students between the ages of 3 and 22 diagnosed with autism, learning disabilities, language delays, intellectual disability, behavior disorders, and related disabilities. The Center’s programs and services are designed to accommodate a broad range of functional levels and varying degrees of disability.
- Entry-Level Teacher – Teacher for Children with Autism, internally known as Level 2 Teacher, will encompass the following day to day responsibilities:
- Teaching, tutoring, and instruction of the students within their assigned team or classrooms
- Provide instruction to the students through the implementation of the scientific principles of behavior analysis (ABA therapy) across all hours of the students’ day and in all environments.
- Teaching and implementation of students’ clinical, educational, vocational, and daily living skills objectives.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals who develop curricula and provide instruction to maximize students’ skills and independence.
- Teachers ensure all students’ safety and implement all safety procedures
- Assist with residential duties/chores as needed to ensure general maintenance of residential homes
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to relocate or/and commute daily to Southborough, MA
- The ability to execute protective holds, movements and carries in addition to blocking and redirecting student movements
- Successful completion of CALM training (non-violent self-defense)
- Including but not limited to: pivoting, knee squats, shuffling front and backwards, lifting into sitting or standing position, assisting a person to the floor, stabilizing people in a standing, seated, prone and supine positions
- Successful completion of NECC training associated with initial employment and ongoing refreshers
- Teaching degree not required preference will be given to those who hold Severe Special Needs licensure
THE NEW ENGLAND CENTER FOR CHILDREN
The New England Center for Children is a leading autism center and research institute committed to our mission: To create a global network of educators, researchers, and programs so that those living with autism may live fuller lives. The organization provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage: home-based, day, and residential programs, partner classrooms in public school systems, consulting services, ACE ®ABA software, and ongoing research on educational best practices.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
Senior, Masters, Alumni, Graduating December 2018 – December 2021
All Sociology, Public Health, Cultural & Ethnic Studies, Family & Consumer Science, Psychology, Creative Writing, Special Education, Linguistics, Early Childhood Education, Classical Studies, History, Social Work/Human Services, Philosophy/Ethics, Elementary Education, Human & Child Development, Counseling, Individual Studies, Anthropology, English, Foreign Languages & Literature, General Studies, Cognition & Neuroscience/Biopsychology, Secondary Education, Education Administration, Language Arts Education, and Undeclared majors
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required, but the employer is accepting OPT/CPT candidates