Clinical Care Technician Residency (CCT) – 16366
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Shift: Rotating
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Clinical Support
- Assists the professional registered nurse in the functional care of patients, ensuring efficient and patient centered care appropriate to the developmental age of the patient population.
- Performs delegated tasks and communicates all findings/concerns to the professional nurse.
- Provides, or assists patients with activities of daily living in a safe, efficient and respectful manner.
- Greets patients, families, visitors and other staff utilizing the principles of Tufts Medical Center service standards.
- Collects, records, and communicates the patient’s clinical data to the assigned nurse in a timely manner.
- Prepares room for admission/transfer/discharge, assuring standardize equipment is ready for use.
- Transports or accompanies patients as necessary to other areas of the hospital in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner.
- Provides comfort measures such as positioning, changing linen, back rubs, etc. to patients in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner.
- Maintains patient and family confidentially at all times.
- Promotes patient activity by assisting with mobility and range of motion exercises as assigned.
- Sets up for procedures as requested by nursing/medical staff.
- Cleans and discards used equipment and supplies following procedures.
- Collects specimens and performs specimen testing, while maintaining Standard Precautions; prepares specimens for the lab.
- Responsible for care of biomedical equipment, checking par levels and working order for BP cuffs, EKG cables, leads, oximeter cables, etc. Sends malfunctioning equipment to Medical Engineering per established procedure.
- Cleans wounds and applies DSD after wound is assessed by nurse.
- Performs 12 lead EKG.
- Connects monitoring equipment to patient under the direction of the nurse.
- Cares for patient belongings and completes belongings list.
- Primes intravenous tubing with solution containing no medication.
- Responds to patient and family requests promptly, seeking nurse’s supervision as needed.
- Assists with patient care procedures as directed by the nurse, using proper body mechanics and ensuring patient dignity.
- Performs and documents patient’s admission, transfer, and discharge tasks as requested by the nurse.
- Acts as a sitter as requested by the nurse, adhering to the sitter guidelines, to ensure patient safety at all times.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being cared for.
- Answers call lights and seeks appropriate personnel/action.
- Performs hourly rounding per established guidelines.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Promotes quality, safety, regulatory and patient and family satisfaction.
- The clinical care technician contributes to a positive work environment by maintaining open communications with others.
- Introduces self to patients and family, asking patients and family how they would prefer to be addressed.
- Supports and promotes open communication with co-workers to ensure a positive environment.
- Negotiates all scheduled breaks with nurse to ensure adequate coverage to meet the patient and unit needs.
- The clinical care technician performs tasks to ensure a clean, clutter-free and safe work environment for patients and staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment for patients and staff.
- Cleans and stocks equipment and supplies to ensure adequate par levels to meet patient’s needs
- Reports non-functioning equipment and other environmental problems to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Appropriately and safely utilizes equipment common to the clinical area.
- Promotes responsible and efficient use of resources.
- Covers for the Unit Coordinator in answering the telephone, call lights and greeting visitors to the unit.
- As a member of the hospital community, the clinical care technician participates in the patient-family. centered model of care, continually improving environment.
- Maintains attendance standard as per policy.
- Begins work at the assigned time and remains until the end of the assigned shift.
- Completes mandatory education requirements.
- Uses resources appropriately and in a cost effective manner.
- Attends educational offerings when staffing on the floor allow.
- Attends and participates in unit based staff meetings when appropriate. If unable to attend, reads and initials minutes.
- Notifies the nurse whenever he/she leaves unit.
- Maintains positive customer relations in all interactions.
- Utilizes resources in a careful manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts or sciences is required.
- Possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Ability to assist in providing care for a designated group of patients under the direction of a licensed nurse and according to unit guidelines hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Has the skills and knowledge to provide care to the age groups of the population served including:
- Knowledge of growth and development.
- Provide age appropriate communication.
- A minimum of an 18 month commitment, ability to work full-time, rotating shifts (days, evenings, and overnights) with weekend and holidays.
TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER
Tufts Medical Center is a world-class, academic medical institution in Boston, Massachusetts and home to two full-service hospitals: one serving adults and our Floating Hospital for Children, dedicated exclusively to all levels of pediatric care. The Medical Center works with top Boston-area doctors, serves as the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine and pioneers groundbreaking research, including numerous clinical trials available exclusively at Tufts Medical Center.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
All majors allowed
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required, but the employer is accepting OPT/CPT candidates