Compensation Specialist – Human Resources –
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Professional
- Conduct internal and external compensation analyses ranging from ad-hoc to complex proposals for management teams, assess competitive positioning, identify market trends & patterns in data sets and interpret, synthesize, and communicate the meaning of the data being presented for compensation strategies.
- Working with the compensation team to provide annual salary budget and pay structure adjustment recommendations on a regular and ad hoc basis to address issues impacting company compliance and competitiveness. Recommend actions that align with compensation initiatives and ensure consistency with internal guidelines, policies, practices and procedures.
- Conducts job evaluations for new positions to determine appropriate salary grade. Evaluates and analyzes market data, determines FLSA status, and maintains appropriate documentation regarding the review. Reviews requests for evaluations of revised job descriptions and develops recommendations. Follows appropriate procedures for review and final approvals.
- Participates in salary surveys to collect and analyze information on the organization’s competitive position. Gathers data per requirements, determines appropriate matches for assigned client areas, and submits information to the third-party survey administrator.
- Compile and interpret survey results and identify labor market trends to support the management of compensation programs. Conduct additional research to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the compensation data and competitive labor markets.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to corporate leaders, department managers, employees, and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of the organization’s compensation programs and policies with a focus on service and designing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
- Provide analytical tools that align with talent development, workforce planning and best in class HR analytics. Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported. Analyze trends in compensation and build intelligence through reporting. Work with large amounts of data and build tools to streamline the process
- Continually review, research and analyze compensation processes to identify and recommend changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of information. Develop tools and information presentation methods to deliver information in the appropriate context and format that best supports the organization.
- Contribute to the completion of critical and significant projects within Compensation. May lead projects in specific areas, establishing and managing project plans for timely and effective program execution. Works closely with other members of human resources to solve problems and accomplish project initiatives. Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues.
- Other duties as consistent with this role.
- Experience with compensation plan design, benchmarking and survey data, incentive plan design and administration.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using best practices, knowledge of internal and external business issues to provide a new perspective on existing solutions or create new solutions.
- Proven expertise in Excel including development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, vlookups, graphing as well as summarize data from multiple sources.
- Highly detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable and able to work in a fast-paced changing environment and be able to use independent judgment for decisions that may not be straightforward, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects at once with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with multiple peer groups and levels of management.
- Ability to handle information in a manner which protects its confidentiality.
- Key Characteristics for Success:
- Sharp: You are comfortable working with and integrating large data sets, using Excel and other appropriate tools.
- Concise: You can effectively summarize complex data so that others can easily consume and use it.
- Savvy: You are confident in a range of roles — from analysis projects to answering individuals’ questions about their pay.
- Analytical: You dig in, and find the root causes and suggest solutions.
- Methodical: You think long term in your design and execution to make compensation decisions better and more scalable as our business grows.
- Able to apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our business decisions
- 2 years of experience in compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics/Finance, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER
Tufts Medical Center is a world-class, academic medical institution in Boston, Massachusetts and home to two full-service hospitals: one serving adults and our Floating Hospital for Children, dedicated exclusively to all levels of pediatric care. The Medical Center works with top Boston-area doctors, serves as the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine and pioneers groundbreaking research, including numerous clinical trials available exclusively at Tufts Medical Center.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
All majors allowed
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required, but the employer is accepting OPT/CPT candidates