The purpose of the internship is to provide the student with supervised practice at the work site or in the office in the continuing daily operations of construction. Interns will assist the Engineer and/or the Superintendent in the field through assistance, coordination and distribution of information required to construct the project on time, within budget and to quality standard. The intern reports to the Project Engineer or Project Superintendent.
– Assist the Engineer with obtaining information and approvals for processing shop drawings and submittals.
– Disseminate Construction information to appropriate parties.
– Assist in the preparation of contract items list.
– Monitor field variations and keep the Project Superintendent informed of any changes.
– Ensure that subcontractors understand and adhere to the job schedule.
– Ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner s safety program, safety codes and regulations.
Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.