What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Technology Solutions Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As an App Design Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Collaborate with the team to identify, define and solve various projects and support various initiatives.
– Perform reviews of the status of project plans with the team on a regular basis to ensure that project objectives and timelines are met.
– Monitor projects to help prevent potential issues and conflicts with launches and training plans which will/can prevent putting projects at risk.
– Assist with Confluence administration and work with the product teams to help coordinate internal resources and time management to ensure the efficiency of the project process, which will ultimately help with project acceleration.
– Assist in identifying and implementing best practices and make suggestions on how to improve current practices.
– Work with the project teams to calculate/estimate costs and benefits of specific projects prior to the launch.
– Help the VFO teams prioritize and rank incoming projects based on benefits and return on investments.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science, Application Design, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2022.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– A valid U.S. driver’s license.
– Willingness to work in Worcester, MA
Even better if you have:
– Strong organizational skills, Multi-Tasking, Knowledge of Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint is encouraged, strong communication skills both written and orally, Agile Methodology knowledge.
– Knowledge of statistical analysis and machine learning.
– Experience with Agile methodology and/or related skills.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.