Venue Management and Programming Intern
Department Head: Peter Mello, CoCEO & Managing Director
Supervisor: Kim Zoppo, Development Associate- WaterFire Arts Ceter
Term: Fall/ Winter/ Spring / Summer
Full Time and Part Time positions available (May be for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning).
*Upon completion of internship, candidates may be provided the opportunity to return as a paid WFAC Event Staff Team Member
This internship might be on-site, virtual or a blended internship position with in person event supervision.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy.
WaterFire seeks an outgoing, energetic and detail-orientated student who possesses extremely strong communication skills, good time management and can handle multiple projects and deadlines in an efficient manner. The Venue Management and Programming intern will provide support in the management of the WaterFire Arts Center through a variety of activities including clerical and administrative tasks, venue operations and coordination, general marketing, and sponsorship/development as needed. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience working with a growing venue space and learn everyday operations and logistics.
Interns will Gain Experience in:
· Working directly with clients, via in-person or virtual meetings, tours, and phone inquiries
· Writing rental agreements
· Assisting Venue Marketing, specifically through our Arts Center Instagram and Facebook pages
· Working closely with our exclusive catering and A/V vendors
· Using and managing scheduling software
· Using Project management software
· Conducting Post-Event Analysis
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Must be professional in dealing with a variety of people
- Must be available to work some WFAC Events when necessary
- Must have a genuine interest in art, culture and community, and WaterFire
- Must have a sense of humor and positive outlook!
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Google Drive and have general computer and internet knowledge
This internship might be on-site, virtual or a blended internship position with in person event supervision
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.
For more information on WaterFire Providence, visit www.waterfire.org.