Position: Rhode Island PBS LearningMedia Assistant
Reports to: Senior Coordinator of Education Services
Supervises: No direct reports; works in close collaboration with all Education Services staff.
Exempt / Non Exempt: Non-Exempt
The Rhode Island PBS LearningMedia Assistant will provide administrative and project support for all Education Services Department PBS LearningMedia initiatives, providing content, resources and services to support teaching and learning for educators, students, parents and learners of all ages in our community, with special focus on PreK-12, professional development, and community engagement.
Essential Duties Include:
● General administrative support for full range of Ed Services PBS LearningMedia efforts, including coordinating schedules and recording minutes for project meetings.
● Support planning, promotion, and presentation of educator workshops and/or events related to PBS LearningMedia instructional resources.
● Support Ed Services communications efforts with PBS LearningMedia submissions to the monthly e-newsletter, department webpage, and social media accounts.
● Track metrics of instructional media resources and prepare summaries for reporting.
● Contribute to project reporting, grant and proposal writing efforts as assigned.
● Support Ed Services staff collaboration/coordination with internal departments and external partners to plan and implement grant-funded projects and meet project deliverables.
● Support for project implementation, including administration, development and delivery of required deliverables of project content and services.
● PBS LearningMedia Content Development:
○ Support Senior Coordinator in development of digital instructional PreK-12 media resources for distribution on PBS LearningMedia:
■ collaborate with curriculum experts on writing and editing of content.
■ collaborate with production staff as well as independent producers on editing and packaging media content.
■ contribute to drafting and design of resources, including print pieces as needed.
■ publish resources in the PBS LM Content Management System (CMS)
● May serve as project coordinator on specific initiatives as designated by supervisor.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
● Special attention will be paid to applicants with demonstrated experience, interest and enthusiasm in education, public media, new media and/or instructional technology.
● BA/BS in Education, Liberal Arts, Digital Media, or equivalent required.
● Proficiency in and/or adaptability for learning wide array of productivity and creative applications including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Suite, and Final Cut Pro as well as online content management systems required.
● Strong organization and communications skills, esp. written/verbal, required for frequent interaction with educators, students, partners and public.
● Prior experience with video/TV production preferred.
● Willingness and ability to work occasional varied hours as needed for events (evenings and weekends) required (factored into maximum 40-hour work week).