LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand video learning platform that provides thousands of video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. It is a subsidiary of ‘LinkedIn’. All the courses on LinkedIn fall into 3 categories: Business, Creative, and Technology e-learning. Roger Williams University staff and students have access to LinkedIn Learning – an online training library that covers many software titles, scripting languages, design and web development platforms. (Formerly Lynda.com) Features to LinkedIn Learning
- High-quality content
- Offer relevant, up-to-date content taught by credible industry experts.
- Access over 16,000 courses in 7 languages
- Courses taught by real-world practitioners, located across the globe, who inspire and engage learners
- 50+ new courses released every week
- Includes relevant and current learning opportunities across business, creative or technology topics
- Offers macro- and micro-learning content
LinkedIn Learning is a beneficial tool that allows individuals access to resources on topics ranging anywhere from career transitions to building new skills. Most courses include quizzes, exercise files, templates, and other supporting documents to help learners apply what they have learned. LinkedIn Learning is available on any desktop and mobile device-even in offline mode-which makes it easy for employees to learn when commuting or traveling. How to Use How to search for content You will find training on data analysis tools such as SPSS, MATLAB, and Octave, a free, open-source alternative to MATLAB. Check out resources on data visualization and database management. Connect to LinkedIn Learning through the myRWU portal.