Hawks Hired! Ari Dinerman ’23

Hawks Hired highlights the accomplishments of RWU graduates as they finalize the next steps in their career journeys. Ari is currently an MBA Candidate in the Roger Williams University graduate program. Read on to learn more about his next chapter since graduation.

What was your program of study at RWU? As an undergraduate student, I double majored in Marketing and Management, with a Core Concentration in Psychology. I am now an MBA Candidate in the RWU graduate program.

Graduation year? I graduated from RWU’s undergraduate program in May 2023, and I intend to graduate from the 4+1 MBA Program in May 2024.

Where is your next adventure? (Company/School and Role) After earning my MBA, I plan on pursuing a career within digital content marketing, social media marketing, and content creation. Since I am still a member of the MBA graduate program at RWU, I plan on continuing to apply to related job positions as the year progresses.

What are you most looking forward to in this new role? I am extremely excited to apply the knowledge, skills, and experience which I have accumulated over the years at RWU. I feel that this university has prepared me extremely well for any job position which lies ahead, and I am eager to challenge myself in the business field.

What was the process like of landing this job/next opportunity? Right now, the hiring process is an experiential process. As a student in the RWU MBA Program, I am finding myself moving closer and closer to understanding exactly which field I feel most eager and passionate about working in. Moving forward, I plan on continuing to centralize my job search as I apply for jobs in the marketing field.

Who helped you during your job search/graduate school process? There were a couple of specific mentors who helped me in the process of continuing my education in the RWU MBA Program. To begin, Dean Susan McTiernan and Dr. Jason Oliver were extremely influential throughout my undergraduate career, and they both helped me through the process of deciding to continue my education and earn my MBA. Before even attending RWU, Dean McTiernan sparked my interest in the Gabelli School of Business and the graduate programs provided by the university. Additionally, my wrestling coach – Coach Jon Egan – has served as a mentor for me throughout my college journey. As a member and Team Captain of the RWU Wrestling Team, Coach Egan provided me with guidance and support as I decided to pursue my MBA and continue wrestling as a graduate student.

What advice do you have to students who are in the process of finding a job/going to graduate school? I believe that RWU provides excellent graduate programs, and deciding to pursue a graduate degree immediately after graduation can be a great choice for those who still need to determine exactly which area they feel most interested in. As an undergraduate student, for instance, I was not entirely sure which area within marketing I wanted to pursue as it pertains to a career. For this reason, I knew that earning my MBA would lead me one step closer to finding my own passions and interests within my major.

Want to share your next steps with the CCPD? Email Kevin (kdeeb@rwu.edu) in the CCPD to learn more about sharing with us!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor