Hawks Hired! Shannon Agonis ’23

Hawks Hired highlights the accomplishments of RWU graduates as they finalize the next steps in their career journeys. Shannon is currently a Chemist at ATOZ Laboratories. Read on to learn more about her next chapter since graduation.

What was your program of study at RWU? I was originally a marine biology major in my Freshman year, but changed my major in Sophomore year to a biology major.

Graduation year? I graduated from RWU in May of 2023.

Where is your next adventure? (Company/School and Role) My next adventure is growing in my role as a chemist at ATOZ Laboratories.

What are you most looking forward to in this new role? In the role as a chemist, I am looking forward to advancing my chemistry skills and learning new instruments as well as being a part of a growing industry. 

What was the process like of landing this job/next opportunity?  The process of landing the job was difficult in some aspects, as the industry I am in often gets censored by job search engines. However, the company I work for was very responsive and easy to communicate with, which made the process much easier.

Who helped you during your job search/graduate school process? In my job search process, Cristelle Garnier, who was, at the time my HAWE supervisor, helped me by going over my resume and application questions. 

What advice do you have to students who are in the process of finding a job/going to graduate school? My main piece of advice is to please get your resume edited by someone with experience, and do not get discouraged by jobs not working out. Lastly, if you know what field or industry you want to enter, be specific on searching for opportunities, as some may be censored.

Want to share your next steps with the CCPD? Email Kevin (kdeeb@rwu.edu) in the CCPD to learn more about sharing with us!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor