Internship Spotlight: Mitchell International

Senior, Tania Acosta completed an internship with Mitchell International as a Product Marketing Intern. Read on to learn about her experience!

If you’re interested in doing your own internship but don’t know where to start, make an appointment with your Career Advisor by going to Handshake.

What was your internship? I am currently a Product Marketing Intern at Mitchell International.

Why were you initially interested in this internship? I was initially interested in this internship because it offers the chance to work on meaningful projects and learn from technical experts, fostering professional growth through coaching and feedback. The collaborative team environment and interaction with executive leadership provide valuable insights and networking opportunities, which align with my goals for personal and professional development.

How did you find your internship? I found this internship on LinkedIn.

What did you do as part of your internship? As a product marketing intern for Mitchell, I support the APD team with marketing efforts. My tasks range from current short-term assignments for national and regional events to long-term research projects analyzing past marketing campaigns. For my short-term assignments, I helped coordinate several conferences Mitchell participated in this past year, focusing on four key areas: digital signage, planning meetings, conference details, and debriefing sessions. For my long-term assignments, I undertook analysis projects focusing on their social media, past email campaigns, and marketing for their podcast. On a day-to-day basis, my time is split between tasks, calls from coworkers, and company meetings.

Has this internship helped you work towards your future career goals? If so, how? This internship has helped me work towards my future career objectives by offering invaluable learning opportunities to explore marketing strategies within an unfamiliar industry. It has also enhanced my proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, skills initially developed in the classroom. Moreover, it has facilitated networking with professionals across the company and honed my presentation abilities through engagements with the marketing department.

What was your biggest lesson/takeaway from the internship? The most significant lesson I’ve learned from this internship is the importance of not hesitating to ask questions; they are a crucial part of personal growth. While it may feel daunting at times, seeking clarification fosters both knowledge and confidence.

What advice would you give to someone interested in a similar internship opportunity? If you’re considering a similar internship opportunity, my advice would be to express your learning objectives openly. Your coworkers are eager to support you and share their knowledge. Additionally, take every opportunity presented to you; most internships offer structured programs with ample chances for professional growth.

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor