Hawks Hired! Adenis Abramson Martinez ’24

Hawks Hired highlights the accomplishments of soon to be and recent RWU graduates as they finalize the next steps in their career journeys. Adenis will be joining the Criminal Justice Masters program in the Fall. Read on to learn more about her next chapter following graduation.

What was your program of study at RWU? Criminal Justice with a minor in Biology.

Graduation year? May 2024

Where is your next adventure? (Company/School and Role) I will be continuing my studies at Roger Williams University as a criminal justice 4+1 graduate student.

What are you most looking forward to in this new role? I am looking forward to being able to continue my education and furthering my knowledge in the different aspects of criminal justice.

What was the process like of landing this job/next opportunity? The process wasn’t easy and I was afraid that I wouldn’t be accepted because I was not as involved around campus in furthering my studies. To get my master’s was something I had planned since before undergrad so I was scared and nervous when applying to graduate programs, but Roger offered the best possibility of me doing that so I continued on applying even though I was nervous and scared to apply.

Who helped you during your job search/graduate school process? Roger provided a lot of help, a resume and letter of interest from CCPD, many of my professors, and even the criminal justice graduate program Dean for writing a letter of recommendation and attesting to my abilities to continue my studies at Roger.

What advice do you have for students in the process of finding a job/going to graduate school? I would say to be patient, confident, and understand that you know who you are. In addition, I would recommend networking in order to get to know people in the industry because that is the best thing I ever. I have been provided insightful information for internships, jobs, and even graduate school. The most important thing is to stay persistent because only you know your goals and you know what you can accomplish.

Want to share your next steps with the CCPD? Email Kevin (kdeeb@rwu.edu) in the CCPD to learn more about sharing with us!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor