Hawks Hired! Kelly Doherty ’24

Hawks Hired highlights the accomplishments of soon to be and recent RWU graduates as they finalize the next steps in their career journeys. In July, Kelly will be joining the Philadelphia Insurance Companies as a Marketing Associate. Read on to learn more about her next chapter following graduation.

What was your program of study at RWU? I study Communications and Media Studies.

Graduation year? I graduate in May 2024

Where is your next adventure? (Company/School and Role) Starting on July 15th, I will be working full time as a marketing associate for Philadelphia Insurance Companies in their Boston office.

What are you most looking forward to in this new role? I am most looking forward to working in the city as I will be able to expand my network through meeting new people. I’m also looking forward to collaborating and building upon my marketing skills with the marketing team.

What was the process like of landing this job/next opportunity? I play field hockey at RWU so when I was a sophomore, my coach had us attend the Philadelphia Insurance Companies internship presentation. After listening to the presentation, I became interested in interning with them so I emailed one of the presenters my resume. He had me go through a few interviews and I ended up getting the internship for the summer of 2022 as a marketing intern. I ended up loving the company so I continued to intern throughout the 2022/2023 school year as well as the summer of 2023. After completing my internship that summer, I received a full time offer and signed in September!

Who helped you during your job search/graduate school process? I was fortunate enough that the men’s soccer coach invited Philadelphia Insurance Companies to come present to the RWU men’s soccer and field hockey team.

What advice do you have to students who are in the process of finding a job/going to graduate school? My advice I have to students is to use your resources and network as it can sometimes be about who you know!

Want to share your next steps with the CCPD? Email Kevin (kdeeb@rwu.edu) in the CCPD to learn more about sharing with us!

By Kevin Deeb
Kevin Deeb Career Advisor